Stumbled on this fantastic app yesterday. It allows you to easily automate many tasks on your Android. I’ll give an example of how simple it is to use – at least for someone with programming experience.
For some time now, I’ve struggled with reading Thai and Chinese. While I can understand spoken Thai and Chinese, reading them had been somewhat a challenge. My previous solution, on receiving such text, was to:
- copy the Thai/Chinese text
- paste into Google Translate
- select the source language (TH or ZH)
- click on the audio button to listen
Using, Automate, I’m able to automate that tedious process with the following flow in about half a day’s work:
The automation flow works as follows:
- Create a variable listing all supported languages
- Read/watch the clipboard for changes
- Ask for desired language: : th, zh, en (see image above)
- Send the clipboard content to Google Translate
- Listen to the output
A very powerful app indeed.